This Mediterranean Pasta recipe is DELICIOUS. So much mouth happiness with olives, angel hair pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, tomatoes, I can’t even express how good it was, you’ll have to try it for yourself. My sister’s best friend suggested this recipe for both of us this week and I am so glad I tried it last night. My oldest requested to take some to preschool for lunch today and ate every last bit. As always, I made a ton of changes, but not to the basic core of the recipe. For instance, they called for canned tomatoes and I didn’t have any so I cut up two fresh tomatoes after removing the peel. Here is a link to a simple step-by-step on how to peel tomatoes if, like me, you’ve never done it before. I also switched out pepperoni for bacon, since I didn’t have bacon. The pepperoni was awesome, but I’m sure bacon would have been good as well. Okay, I’ll hush, here is the recipe:
Recipe: Mediterranean Pasta
Summary: Yum on top of yum!
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine or angel hair pasta
- 10 small pepperoni, chopped into thin slices
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- salt to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice or two tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup crumbled parmesan cheese, or feta
- 2/3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and follow package instructions for cooking, until al dente; drain.
- Season cooked chicken with salt. Stir chicken with pepperoni in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary, and simmer until it thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, olives and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Toss with fresh cooked pasta and serve warm.
Can substitute bacon for pepperoni, feta cheese for parmesan, artichoke hearts for sun-dried tomatoes. All kinds of yummy variations.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4